Hey there, 2017! I welcome this new year with a lot of joy and anticipation.
Have you spent time dreaming and planning for your year? I took a few weeks off from my regular work schedule, and enjoyed space to reflect on this past and coming year. As I think about this year, here are some of my goals and dreams:
- Be present to God and people through listening.
- Buy a home on Oahu.
- Plant a thriving faith community.
- Build a community for artists, writers, entrepreneurs, and anyone with a calling to create.
- Continue guiding people into their God-given calling through spiritual direction, writing, and discipling.
In my reflections, I used a few questions to help me process and explore my goals and dreams. My guess is that those questions might be helpful to you. Feel free to use them as you reflect, journal, and pray.
1. What is your big goal or dream for this year?
What big thing do you want to accomplish or achieve this year? What dream fuels passion and hope in you? Is there a project or transformation you want to bring to fruition this year?
2. If you had no limits or fears, what do you want to give yourself permission to do, explore, or make space for this year?
There may be things you deeply want, but haven't yet given yourself permission to do. Honor yourself by giving yourself permission to live the life you want to live! Imagine a life without limits. What do you most deeply want to do this year?
3. What is God's invitation to you this year?
Make space to listen to God as you think about this year. What are his hopes and intentions for you? Is there an invitation or promise he is giving you? Allow yourself the space to pay attention to the Spirit's voice and guidance.
4. How do you want to show up this year?
What attitude and heart-qualities do you want as you enter into this year? Do you want to be compassionate, loving, brave, peace-filled, intentional, focused? You alone get to choose how you will enter today, this week, and this year. Decide how you want to show up.
5. What do you want more of this year? What do you want less of this year?
What is life-giving to you? What activities, people, and things fuel your joy? What is life-draining? What things do you want to let go of and say goodbye to?
6. How do you want to live out your God-given purpose this year?
You have a unique, God-given purpose. How do you want to live that out this year? What daily, weekly, and monthly habits will make the space you need to live out your purpose?
I hope this exercise helps you pursue and live out your dreams and purpose for the new year. Let's focus on the most essential things, intentionally show up, and give make space for whatever God has for you this year.
I pray that you would receive all that God has for you, and that you would live out your God-given calling in 2017.
10 Spiritual Growth Resources to Launch Into the New Year
10 Practical Ideas For Your Spiritual Growth
How to Create Space to Listen to the Voice of God
Sign up for my Weekly Notes sent to your inbox.
Plus you get my FREE printable Traveler's Prayer Guide!